Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made....
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74141] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar rachellegreenspan  is currently offline rachellegreenspan
Go to all my models
index.php?t=getfile&id=39936&private=0I have two plastic oven knobs and one is broken. Is it possible to duplicate the working knob? How long would this process take? It would need to be made out of a very strong material since I can see one of them already broke. Could the working knob be the 3D model?

• Attachment: knob 3.jpg
    (Size: 127.39KB, Downloaded 182 time(s))

Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74146 is a reply to message #74141 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 23:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JCAD  is currently offline JCAD
Go to all my models
Hi,

For the cost of the design and printing, you can probably get a replacement (not exact) for $0.50. Design and printing will probably be more than $100.

Jason
Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74354 is a reply to message #74141 ] Fri, 06 September 2013 16:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragonfly_Studios  is currently offline Dragonfly_Studios
Go to my shop
PM sent.
Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74469 is a reply to message #74141 ] Mon, 09 September 2013 17:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar maZZiveAttack  is currently offline maZZiveAttack
Go to my shop
Hello.

How did you get on with the knob? Did you get some help designing/making one?

Let me know, if you don't mind. I may be able to help if you haven't had any luck.

Cheers!

Mark

Previous Topic:Need Modeler for Quick Job Repairing Thin Wall
Next Topic:Looking for cheap , quick model checker