Home » Support » 3D Applications » Blender or Rhino
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blender or Rhino [message #74261] Thu, 05 September 2013 15:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar nimaanvar  is currently offline nimaanvar
Go to all my models

Blender or Rhino[ 3 vote(s) ]
1.Blender 1 / 33%
2.Rhino 2 / 67%

I know that Rhino is a professional grade software and that it has a very good tool set, but putting aside the cost of Rhino and looking at the two programs in their entirety (tool set, support, ease of use, community), which would you use for modelling in general? Maybe that's a loaded question, but it will help me decide.

Re: Blender or Rhino [message #74269 is a reply to message #74261 ] Thu, 05 September 2013 16:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I have no idea about Rhino (that is why i did not vote), but i am using blender for every model i made for 3d printing and never had any major problem. You can see in my shop what type of models i made if it will help you....

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: Blender or Rhino [message #74333 is a reply to message #74261 ] Fri, 06 September 2013 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey nimaanvar,

what's the reason you're limiting your choice to these two options? Like Keymaker said, it would help to know a bit more about your type of work.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Blender or Rhino [message #74340 is a reply to message #74333 ] Fri, 06 September 2013 14:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nimaanvar  is currently offline nimaanvar
Go to all my models
My designs would be in the area of jewelry. Having done some research and tinkered a little in both Blender and Rhino, those are the two software that I have available to me. So that's why I've narrowed it down to these two.
Re: Blender or Rhino [message #74342 is a reply to message #74340 ] Fri, 06 September 2013 14:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ah yes, you'll find many jewelry designers working with Rhino, often in combination with Grasshopper.

Just earlier this week, a Grashopper clone for Blender was released as well:

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/09/05/sverchok-add-on/

I believe Rhino may be easier to learn. Blender is of course free and growing fast. I'm a big Blender fan, so I won't give you my recommendation Wink

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Have a very basic question, hope can get your input
Next Topic:Confusion uploading a multiple texture file for sandstone printing?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.