Home » Community » General Discussion » I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made....
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74136] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar rachellegreenspan  is currently offline rachellegreenspan
Go to all my models
I have two plastic oven knobs and one is broken. Is it possible to duplicate the working knob? How would I get this to the factory and how long would this process take? It would need to be made out of a very strong material.
Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74137 is a reply to message #74136 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
If you're looking to print it, you'd have to have a 3D model of it. Do you have any pictures of it?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74139 is a reply to message #74137 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'm not clear on the 3D model. Couldn't the working knob be the 3D model if I could send it to the factory? Or bring it to the office in NYC? I'm uploading a picture of the knob that is not broken.

• Attachment: knob 3.jpg
    (Size: 127.39KB, Downloaded 35 time(s))

Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74140 is a reply to message #74136 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 19:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Shapeways doesn't offer a 3D scanning or model making service. But we do have a section of the forum dedicated to finding modelers who can help you. You can check out the modeler for hire section and the modeler needed section to find someone who can help make a 3D model for you. You may be able to find a local modeler, or someone that can reproduce from images and a few dimensions.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: I want to replace an oven knob that's no longer made.... [message #74142 is a reply to message #74140 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 20:01 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
thanks i'll try that

Previous Topic:How can I use 3-D printer to duplicate driftwood pieces?
Next Topic:my model Fullcolor Sandstone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.