Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Affiliate Program
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon14.gif  Affiliate Program [message #74076] Mon, 02 September 2013 21:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
Just wanted to say i've made some suggestions before and some of which are incorporated, and whether or not i was the only one for suggesting these, thank you for that, as well as for all other improvements Smile i like the direction Shapeways is heading.

i thought about an affiliate/referral program.

I think it would be a nice feature, for as much as i like the creativity and ingenuity behind successful marketing, i prefer to design. Marketing takes a lot of time, specific skill and persistent effort. I believe that's a paradox many designers have to face. I'm not weary of updating all outlets on which my designs are offered to the public, and increasing my visibility, that i see as completely necessary and my job, even fun and exciting since i'm always anxious to see which newly printed designs 'catch on' and which don't. However there's of course a difference between publishing your newest designs and successful full-time marketing.

Ideally the system would allow to:
let shop owner add an referral agent
track which referral agent sold which item to a customer
let shop owner add an email / paypal / pickup address of the referral agent (or give agent own login interface with all necessary options)
let shop owner set universal item fee be it a percentage of the markup or a certain nominal amount for the referral agent
inform the referral agent of any updates to the referral fee (in nominal value) per email
periodically (biweekly/monthly) inform the referral agent of the referral agent' balance
add the fee to a virtual balance which pays out until it reaches $30

Maybe the system can be made implicitly by use of the coupon code system, in such that the 'coupon code' instructs the system to add an amount to the referral agent' balance. Optionally, the agent may function as a distribution hub for countries where customers find the $20 shipping rate steep and distribute shipping over bulk orders.

Let me know what you think.
Re: Affiliate Program [message #74655 is a reply to message #74076 ] Thu, 12 September 2013 11:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Thanks for the suggestion HenryAlfredo! We're tracking it on our internal 'community wishlist' document. I'm afraid I'm not able to give any ETA for it though..

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Affiliate Program [message #74663 is a reply to message #74655 ] Thu, 12 September 2013 12:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
Thanks Bart,

On the agenda is already better than not at all ^-^
Re: Affiliate Program [message #83273 is a reply to message #74663 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 11:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar somersault18:24  is currently offline somersault18:24
Go to my shop
Hi there,

Is there any update on this suggestion? I would love to have it available.

Thanks!

Luk

Previous Topic:Problem with picture miniatures
Next Topic:Sorting products

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.