Home » Community » Work in progress » Wall thickness
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Wall thickness [message #73787] Wed, 28 August 2013 12:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar hawk3d  is currently offline hawk3d
Go to my shop
I'm gettin' tired and frustrating about rejected projects due wall thickness...
What should I do for this????????
--------------------------------------

Model: UYBA Volleyball Player (repaired)
Version: 0
Materials Affected:
- White Strong & Flexible Polished (Guidelines)
- Violet Purple Strong & Flexible Polished (Guidelines)
- Coral Red Strong & Flexible Polished (Guidelines)
- Hot Pink Strong & Flexible Polished (Guidelines)
- Royal Blue Strong & Flexible Polished (Guidelines)
Here is why we cannot print your model:

The minimum thickness for free wires > 1.0mm and supported wires > 0.9mm for this material. Please thicken the wires of the model for the model to survive the polishing process. For more information about the design specifications for this material please visit: http://www.shapeways.com/materials/strong-flexible-design-gu idelines
To print (and continue to sell) your model modify your file and update it here: http://www.shapeways.com/model/edit/1307881 .

We know you've already put a lot of time and effort in creating your model. If we can help in any way email us at: service@shapeways.com.

Kind regards,

Re: Wall thickness [message #73788 is a reply to message #73787 ] Wed, 28 August 2013 12:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Well, if I understand the diagram correctly, they are saying that the digits of your player's hands are too thin.

You can thicken them, or probably better move them closer together so that they intersect slightly with each other. That way each will become a detail and not a wire. I don't think the model will be adversely affected by this.
Re: Wall thickness [message #73792 is a reply to message #73788 ] Wed, 28 August 2013 13:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanxx a lot,I'll try to follow your hints.
Re: Wall thickness [message #73854 is a reply to message #73792 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 10:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
There's no way to print this model in any material.I'm tired to waste my time.I'm going to drop off from Shapeways,due to lack of comunication.
Re: Wall thickness [message #73872 is a reply to message #73787 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 13:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
The smallest allowable wire in any material is .8mm (for FUD). If you do as AmLachDesigns said, and join the fingers, it should be seen as a wall, and only be required to be .6mm.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Wall thickness [message #73896 is a reply to message #73872 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
But this is an endless trouble,....Check this attachement.I'm gonna spend other hours remodeling this figure,but I'm quite certain,that it will be something wrong..
Re: Wall thickness [message #73897 is a reply to message #73896 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=39506&private=0

Re: Wall thickness [message #73898 is a reply to message #73897 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Anybody can explain me,how can I do with this cantilever?I really don't get whats this cantilever!
Re: Wall thickness [message #73902 is a reply to message #73787 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
A cantilever is defined as a beam anchored only at one end. Seeing your arms are only attached at the shoulder, they are considered cantilever. It looks like your shirt is a separate entity? .13mm won't print in any material. If your intent is to print in WSF or a dyed variant, you'll need to make a lot more changes as the rules require more thickness, and larger details than you could print in FUD.

When designing to print, it's a good idea to keep the guidelines handy so that you can follow the print-ability rules. And of course any question about the rules, you can always ask here on the forums, or email service@shapeways.com

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Wall thickness [message #73908 is a reply to message #73902 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It seems that I gotta stat from the beginning.... Rolling Eyes
With less details...
Re: Wall thickness [message #74182 is a reply to message #73908 ] Wed, 04 September 2013 18:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
...Or design it with Full-Colour Sandstone in mind (read the rules for that, too!) and put the wording and shirt number, etc, as "painted" details.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Robots in 1/87 HO Scale
Next Topic:badge for hat in steel questions. please help