Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Small Bust of Frederic Chopin
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Small Bust of Frederic Chopin [message #73523] Thu, 22 August 2013 23:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar aarondunn  is currently offline aarondunn
Go to all my models
Im looking for someone to re-create one of these classic ceramic busts of famous composers, but in plastic or something shapeways can print in high detail.

It should be no more than say 4-5 inches tall, maybe smaller. Example: http://www.denfordata.com/bb/download/file.php?id=233

Also if you've ordered something like this before can you estimate what this would cost to print and ship? I will need them in large quantities.
Re: Small Bust of Frederic Chopin [message #73538 is a reply to message #73523 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 12:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Have you looked at what is available online in various piano supplies or general souveniers shops ?
3D printing prices cannot compete with injection molding when it comes to high production volumes,
and I imagine these being churned out by the hundreds alongside garden gnomes, ladybugs and
fly swatters by some chinese factory...
To get an idea of pricing, just look at any similarly-sized figurine of some comic character available in
the shops - printing costs the same whether you need one or one thousand copies, which is nice for
three odd pieces but sucks big time when you need large numbers over a short period.

Previous Topic:Sony VGN-FW465J Desktop Conversion
Next Topic:Convert DICOMM images to 3D model & remove metal artifact