Home » Support » 3D Design » Guidance Please
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Guidance Please [message #73240] Sun, 18 August 2013 12:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Hazlett  is currently offline Hazlett
Go to all my models
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some guidance, I stumbled onto shapeways not to long ago, as I was looking through all of the items being created and all of the cool results, I decided on my first project.

My wife is graduating nursing school in October, she actually walks in December but my goal is to have this completed in the next 8 weeks. I would like to make her a ring (not sure of the material). I wold like it be two bands Parallel with each other joined by the caduceus (symbol for medicine) in multiple places around the diameter of the ring, on the bands I would like every person name that was in her cohort embossed on it.

Is the above something I could attain before she finishes her last 8 weeks, it has been along road and it has not been easy for any of us through this time. I just want to do something that she will always remember.

I have 3ds max ( not very good with it) I also have sketchup, I am willing to take any advice you all can give me, I really want this to be special for her.

Thanks for any advice or help in advance I am looking forward to this project.

Re: Guidance Please [message #73252 is a reply to message #73240 ] Mon, 19 August 2013 00:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
How many people were in her cohort? If it's very many, that could be a bit of an issue.
There's a size limit to the lettering you can accomplish.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Guidance Please [message #73290 is a reply to message #73252 ] Tue, 20 August 2013 02:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Hazlett  is currently offline Hazlett
Go to all my models
It looks to be about 30, I may have to cut it down to her best friends of the cohort.

Previous Topic:New Designer Here, hoping for some feedback and considerations on a simple model
Next Topic:clearance issue for bonsai grafting pincher