Home » Support » Suggestions » Part orientation
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Part orientation [message #72804] Thu, 08 August 2013 11:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar trilobite  is currently offline trilobite
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

I recall writing on this issue a while ago (maybe two years) and I'm wondering if there have been any developments.

The way an object is oriented during printing can have a very marked effect upon its final appearance, especially it seems over flat surfaces. One orientation can give a very appealing 'topographical' effect, whereas another orientation can accentuate the horizontal/vertical prining lines, which in turn can interfere with modelling and mapping detail. To date there's no way of predicting this and you have to wait until a model appears and then have your heart sink or lift accordingly.

I previously received an answer that said this was being looked into as an upcoming option.

Have there been any developments with this?

By the way though...I'm very happy with Shapeways (I know it must be a sprawling beast to manage).....keep up the good work.

Many thanks,

Trilobite

Re: Part orientation [message #73158 is a reply to message #72804 ] Fri, 16 August 2013 09:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stockprint  is currently offline stockprint
Go to my shop
I'm waiting on this as well. I have been told that it might happen this year.

Previous Topic:Mark as Read functionality in the forums
Next Topic:shop markup payments as store credit as supposed to paypal payment