Home » Support » Suggestions » Mark as Read functionality in the forums
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73089] Thu, 15 August 2013 03:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
As a frequent reader of the forums (fora?) I feel it would be nice to be able to mark posts and even sections as read, thus darkening the light bulb. If, for example, one were3 to click on the light bulb itself, the message thread could be marked as read without having to load the thread first. If marking a section (Modellers for Hire, for example) all unread threads in that section would be marked as read, darkening the section's bulb. This would make it easier to make a quicker tour through the forums and ease up on the download traffic. (I'd bet the IT department wouldn't mind the lowered transfer rates too.)

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73091 is a reply to message #73089 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 04:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
There is "mark all unread forum messages read" already.
Re: Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73093 is a reply to message #73089 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 04:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
I've seen places where if you click on the lighted light bulb (or equivalent) it loads up the thread at the last post that was posted when you last entered the thread, sort of like a book mark which makes a lot of sense. Of course now you need to add all the view points into a database for every user.
Re: Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73129 is a reply to message #73091 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Well, silly me. Apparently I missed it. Thanks! Very Happy

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73144 is a reply to message #73093 ] Thu, 15 August 2013 23:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Here it isn't the lightbulb, but the tiny down arrow between the bulb and the thread title, what provides a link to "first unread".
Re: Mark as Read functionality in the forums [message #73149 is a reply to message #73089 ] Fri, 16 August 2013 01:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. That's what that little arrow does!

Previous Topic:Adding a mechanism to sell complete model design pages
Next Topic:Part orientation

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.