Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » help needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
help needed [message #73000] Tue, 13 August 2013 17:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar darkknight  is currently offline darkknight
Go to all my models
I have a program to have done in a 3d printer need someone that can check program and to get it ready to print
Re: help needed [message #73039 is a reply to message #73000 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 08:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Sorry.. what are you asking?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: help needed [message #73044 is a reply to message #73000 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 13:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
1. you create program that control your printer and you need to test it
2. you create model for 3d printing and you want to check if it is compatible with guidelines

which one is correct?

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: help needed [message #73050 is a reply to message #73044 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 15:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapeways is a service company. They have a (large) number of 3d printers in their facility.
You would design and upload a 3d model to their website, then pay for them to print that model on one of their printers and send it to you.
They also have a number of designers with shops (such as mine) that you can purchase printed items from other people's shop.

Shapeways does NOT offer Design Software.
Sending a 3d file to Shapeways does not involve writing any kind of "program for their printer". The printers understand several common 3d formats such as STL, WRL, DAE, and the printers just take the uploaded geometry and print it.

Just before your model is printed, Shapeways will verify that the geometry is printable, but they don't offer the option to "fix" your geometry.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Gas turbine Give Away
Next Topic:Map Ring (Closed)