Home » Community » It arrived! » Gameboy Color necklace charm
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #72974] Mon, 12 August 2013 21:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar wondercat  is currently offline wondercat
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=38389&private=0

I'm really happy with how the small detail turned out!
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Wondercat

• Attachment: minigb.jpg
    (Size: 155.02KB, Downloaded 215 time(s))

Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73015 is a reply to message #72974 ] Tue, 13 August 2013 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
Love this! Reminds me of childhood.

Director of Marketing, Shapeways
Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73031 is a reply to message #72974 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 04:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
This might be a weird pair of questions, but is that in sandstone? And if it is, is there a chance of the colors bleeding when it comes in contact with perspiration?
Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73033 is a reply to message #73031 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 04:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, it's in full color standstone! I've worn this charm and a another one in fcs during the summer. So far I haven't noted any bleeding.

Is that something you've had issues with?
Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73041 is a reply to message #73033 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
Oh, I haven't had that issue, no...I've been thinking of taking the plunge into sandstone (that actually sounds painful, doesn't it), and I saw on the materials description that it can lose color when wet.

I've also been thinking about converting some of my designs into wearable items, but if sandstone is an option, I think people would much prefer them in color.

BTW, that's a very fun design (I think I forgot to mention that in my last post). It's like chibi meets Beemo.
Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73045 is a reply to message #73041 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 14:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Aww thanks!

But it's definitely true that it loses color when in water. My friend accidentally dropped one of my other charms into a sink. If you'd like, I can post before and after photos.
Re: Gameboy Color necklace charm [message #73048 is a reply to message #72974 ] Wed, 14 August 2013 14:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
To protect your sandstone, and make the colors pop, try coating in some polyurethane.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:LOVE IS BLIND ring with hidden message
Next Topic:Hurly Burly by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.