Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Why Doesn't This Work
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Why Doesn't This Work [message #71556] Sat, 13 July 2013 21:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
I am using the tools in the SW lab to dress up our online catalog. I am using the 3D Viewer Embed tool and so far it is working just fine, until I tried to use this SW listing

http://www.shapeways.com/model/323208/1-8-jaguar-long-nose-d -type.html

The 3D viewer on the local product listing, in the SW catalog, works fine. When I paste this link into the 3D Viewer Embed tool in the SW Lab, the blue preview screen acts like it is trying to load the pictures and then it just stops leaving the blue screen but no product. I take the output from the 3D Viewer Embed tool and put it in my website and it does the same thing, acts like it is loading the pics then stops and there is no product show.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You
Tim
TDR Innovations
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #71597 is a reply to message #71556 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 12:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I can't get it to work either, I'll ask our team to look in to this. I'll get back to you when we have more info!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #71604 is a reply to message #71597 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 14:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jennie  is currently offline Jennie
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Tim,

While we get this fixed, please use the following:

<iframe src="https://images1.sw-cdn.net/3dviewer?model=323208&v=1" width="482" height="357" frameborder="0"></iframe>

(note: the labs page is missing the additional "&v=1" since you uploaded a newer version of this model)

Thanks!
Jennie
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #71635 is a reply to message #71604 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 22:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
It still does not seem to be working, but then again I am a novice at this HTML stuff.....

Is there an estimated time as to when the Labs tool will be fixed.

If it comes down to it I can just create another listing for the same part. That way it will not have updates in it. Would that work?

Tim
TDR Innovations
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #71636 is a reply to message #71635 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 23:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Tim,

If you can send me your html (or a link to it if it's online already), I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

-- Jennie
Shapeways Software Engineering Team Lead
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #72446 is a reply to message #71636 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 16:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robs_mw  is currently offline robs_mw
Go to my shop
Hi Jennie,

The version parameter is a nice feature, but wouldn't it be much more logical to always take the latest version of the model by default (if no parameter is provided) instead of the oldest one?
Now I'm forced to update my webpage html code every time I upload a new version of the model file...

Cheers,
Robert

Rob's Model Workshop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/rmw
http://robs-mw.com
Re: Why Doesn't This Work [message #72566 is a reply to message #72446 ] Fri, 02 August 2013 18:35 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Robert,

Yes, it should default to the newest version; however, there is currently a bug preventing this default from working correctly. A fix for that will be coming soon.

Thanks,
Jennie

-- Jennie
Shapeways Software Engineering Team Lead

Previous Topic:AdWords conversion tracking
Next Topic:Google Webmaster Tools

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.