Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from the East
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from the East [message #72344] Mon, 29 July 2013 15:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar aurora0318  is currently offline aurora0318
Go to all my models
Shapeways Crew
Hello everyone! I'm from Shanghai if anyone's in SH too, would like to meet in person!

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
Great interest in 3D printing. I know Shapeways from a book I read and just found the site is awesome!

2) Where are you from?
Shanghai, China. But I did my undergraduate in Illinois, USA. and now work as a consultant in Shanghai.

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
Jewelry. I like metals

4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
Don't have one yet but gonna find one soon.

5) Your experience level
Rookie

Re: Greetings from the East [message #72345 is a reply to message #72344 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 15:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! What book did you read about Shapeways in?

If there's not already a meetup near you, start one up, and if you get a bunch of people to come let us know so we can send goodies.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Greetings from the East [message #72383 is a reply to message #72345 ] Tue, 30 July 2013 01:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aurora0318  is currently offline aurora0318
Go to all my models
Shapeways Crew
I read it from The Fabricated: the New World of 3D Printing.
I'll check out the meet up thing, thanks for the info.
Re: Greetings from the East [message #72399 is a reply to message #72344 ] Tue, 30 July 2013 14:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Well that is awesome. Good luck, and let us know if you need any help getting your designs realized!

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Greetings from the East [message #72912 is a reply to message #72344 ] Sun, 11 August 2013 13:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ray_Zhou  is currently offline Ray_Zhou
Go to my shop
Sketchup will do! try it. But if you have the $$$, there are plenty of options. This week in the meetup, met a lot of people and learnt about those different software options.

I'm starting with Sketchup right now.

Hope to see your work soon!

Design in mind, while still learning to put it out onto the paper.

Previous Topic:hi from a student in Brighton
Next Topic:Ahoy!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.