Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D printed lucite - modeler needed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D printed lucite - modeler needed [message #72280] Sun, 28 July 2013 01:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar kmaly3  is currently offline kmaly3
Go to all my models
I need a lucite, similar to the one in the attached image, to be 3D printed. Need someone who can design something like this.

Thanks.

Re: 3D printed lucite - modeler needed [message #72289 is a reply to message #72280 ] Sun, 28 July 2013 03:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you can go with opaque or translucent surfaces, you may well be able to get some design that you would be happy with, but none of the Shapeways materials are that clear.

What general shape are you looking for?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: 3D printed lucite - modeler needed [message #72290 is a reply to message #72289 ] Sun, 28 July 2013 03:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
We'd ideally want the clearest, most transparent material Shapeways could offer, although it doesn't have to be 100% see-through. The shape is just like the attached pic - primarily rectangular. Is this something you could you see yourself doing?
Re: 3D printed lucite - modeler needed [message #72295 is a reply to message #72290 ] Sun, 28 July 2013 15:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The shape is easy.. the trouble is going to be getting it anywhere near transparent. TD and FUD both have a milky white quality to them.

How big do you want it? Do you want some kind of engraving on it?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: 3D printed lucite - modeler needed [message #72381 is a reply to message #72295 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 23:43 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Milky white might not be that bad actually but if we could get something more transparent, that'd be ideal. We don't have to use Shapeways. However, we need the finished product in our hands by August 6th.

We want the attached logo engraved / placed on the front of the lucite. Do you think you would be able to get this done and in our hands by the August 6th timeframe?

Previous Topic:Jesus Piece
Next Topic:Need help hollowing and prepping characters for print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.