Home » Community » Introductions » hi from a student in Brighton
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon10.gif  hi from a student in Brighton [message #72278] Sun, 28 July 2013 00:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar diddavetellyou  is currently offline diddavetellyou
Go to all my models
Where are you from?

I am from the UK, originally from Cornwall I am now studying for a degree in Civil Engineering at the university of Brighton.

What brings you to Shapeways?

Two reasons really:
Firstly I bought a new toy recently in the for of a GoPro hero3 black and I just love making things.
In the past I have generally made big things like surf boards and tables.
As I bought my GoPro second hand it didn't come with any accessories, most of what I need is available relatively cheaply on Ebay but some things are just ridiculously expensive or not quite the right size. This means I required high precision, small parts and have very limited access to a workshop or tools.

What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?

Extreme sports:
Climbing
Slack-lining
Long-boarding
Freediving /spear-fishing

I want to start recording these activities with my new Gopro so will be designing mounts and accessories for that.

Software

AutoCAD 2012 for mac (education edition)
CADforum STL2DWG for converting downloaded .stl files
Just signed up to thingiverse

Experience level

Inside this community probably quite low, I did have one module as an introduction to AutoCAD last year and I have had a strong interest in the technology for a few years now but no project that really warranted the cost.

Looking for ward to sharing my designs and ideas with the community, see you in the work in progress forum in a few days javascript:%20insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body,%20'',%2 0'%20:p%20');
[/size][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[Updated on: Sun, 28 July 2013 00:30 UTC]

Re: hi from a student in Brighton [message #72338 is a reply to message #72278 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 12:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome, can't wait to see what you have to share!

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hi Jawsisra
Next Topic:Greetings from the East