Home »  » General Discussion » Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72234] Fri, 26 July 2013 16:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_933202_901839_1364409916.jpg
Wine Charm - Ball And Chain by Williamashman

This weekend we're going bridal, being wedding season and all. We've seen some interesting wedding additions, and this weekend we want to see your custom editions. What would you customize in your wedding? Custom cake topper, ring(s), cuff links, 3D printed vows? The choice is yours, and the winner will get some custom Shapeways cash. And our PR will love you forever (not that they won't already).

Rules:
1) Post here a pretty picture/render showing your design
2) Tell us how you envision your design being used
3) Any material(s)

Deadline is end of day Tuesday

That's all, so strike up the 3D printed wedding bells and get designing.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 July 2013 17:40 UTC]

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72252 is a reply to message #72234 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 11:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Daphne  is currently offline Daphne
Go to my shop
Of course, if I'd get married, I'd would design the rings myself. I don't have a design yet (if I did, I'd probably scare the living shit out of my boyfriend).
Hmm. Lets think of something else.
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72254 is a reply to message #72234 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 14:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
Some bonbonerie gifts for wedding guests, they also make great cake toppers. the little bird rocks easily back and forth. With some difficulty I painted the little birds.
index.php?t=getfile&id=37311&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_3242.jpg
    (Size: 220.85KB, Downloaded 431 time(s))

Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72261 is a reply to message #72254 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 17:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Interesting symbolism to use at a wedding. Twisted Evil
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72265 is a reply to message #72261 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 18:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Daphne  is currently offline Daphne
Go to my shop
Ok, so no rings, but I did some jewelry. I designed a package of three things. Because the nice thing of customizing things, is that you can make everything matching. So I took a flower and made a pendant, bracelet and gift with it.

First of all, the pendant. This one is for the bride. It has a flower and two leaves with letters on them. The letters, of course, being of the names of the bride and groom.

Secondly, the bracelets. These are for the bridesmaids. With same bridesmaids dresses there is a need for braidsmaids jewelry. The bracelet has the same flower and leaves. The leaves are connected to the chain of the bracelets. The rest of the chain and lock isn't in the shown render.

And last, the gifts for the guests. It are keychains. The contain everything, the blooming flower of love and the leaves with names that are now connected and with that, form a ring. For if you love symbolism.
index.php?t=getfile&id=37325&private=0

The pendant should be made in silver. The bracelets and gifts could best be made in plastic. Gifts because silver is way to expensive for that. The bracelets so the chain could be printed with the bracelet.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 July 2013 18:46 UTC]

Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72269 is a reply to message #72261 ] Sat, 27 July 2013 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Sat, 27 July 2013 17:15

Interesting symbolism to use at a wedding. Twisted Evil

Indeed, but which party does the caged bird represent?
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72343 is a reply to message #72234 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 14:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar leorolph  is currently offline leorolph
Go to my shop
haha... true, which.

In my eyes it more represents the holding onto something beautiful, to not let it go, the beauty inside, saved for your loved one that only they have access to.. lovebirds, song, summer, treasure and delicate touch.
I suppose its something that has many meanings, especially in reference to weddings and will probably cause a bit of a laugh and be talked about when used on that special day, which cant be a bad thing. Weddings can be a bit stressful and something to get a giggle and breaks the ice is good:).. I'm sure it would be mentioned in the wedding speech too.

Also people can have a laugh over it when they take them home from the wedding, a reminder that will always bring a smile. Also bonbonerie gifts can be an expensive addition to a wedding and spending more than a couple of dollars on each gift would really break the bank, and at just over $2 each these are quite affordable and the birds can be painted to match the weddings colour theme.
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72347 is a reply to message #72234 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 16:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar i8kermit  is currently offline i8kermit
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=37403&private=0
What better grooms gift than cufflinks expressing love? These cufflinks are inspired by the Love statue in Jerusalem, and read "Ahava," the Hebrew word for love. There is a Jewish custom for the bride and groom to exchange gifts after the ceremony, right before the reception, and it's typically something each can wear/use right away. More often than not, the gift a bride gives is that of cufflinks. These were done as a special commission for a wedding. Thanks to DoxPhoto for the great image. They give a new meaning to wearing your heart on your sleeve Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2013 16:17 UTC]

www.prero.com
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72376 is a reply to message #72347 ] Mon, 29 July 2013 21:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar frknsweetknots  is currently offline frknsweetknots
Go to my shop
1)
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1239542_1171210_1375133630.jpg

2) I envision many of these woven bells being attached to individual lights on a strand of Christmas lights.

3) I think the White Strong and Flexible material would be best!

Freakin' Sweet Knots - 3D printed woven jewelry http://freakinsweetapps.com
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72384 is a reply to message #72376 ] Tue, 30 July 2013 01:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Hanyin  is currently offline Hanyin
Go to my shop
I can't help thinking about designing a crazy head piece since I realized it might be the only reasonable chance to put a huge thing on my head!

Anyway, I designed this new phoenix head piece after the last one I designed for the wedding competition ( https://www.shapeways.com/model/1239091/phoenix-bridal-hair- accessory.html?li=my-models). Hopefully you guys like it. Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=37430&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 01:56 UTC]

Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72401 is a reply to message #72234 ] Tue, 30 July 2013 14:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dennismartens  is currently offline Dennismartens
Go to my shop
My design is a custom wine bottle stopper. It could have any text on top of it.
The design in the picture is with the "RED WINE" text.

It could also have the wedding date on it, or the bride's name. Endless possibilities.

For more information visit http://www.3dartifex.nl

index.php?t=getfile&id=37451&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 14:59 UTC]

www.3dartifex.nl
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72402 is a reply to message #72234 ] Tue, 30 July 2013 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kspaho  is currently offline kspaho
Go to my shop
Inseparable!
index.php?t=getfile&id=37457&private=0

This shall bring you together every morning!

• Attachment: IMG_1147.jpg
    (Size: 72.96KB, Downloaded 243 time(s))

Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72423 is a reply to message #72402 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 07:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
many great ideas in this topic!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72424 is a reply to message #72423 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Quote:

many great ideas in this topic!

Yes, absolutely! I'm almost sorry I'm already married Wink

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72425 is a reply to message #72424 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 09:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
I still have a long way to go, so keep them coming!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72440 is a reply to message #72424 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 12:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Wed, 31 July 2013 09:25

Yes, absolutely! I'm almost sorry I'm already married Wink

That's what anniversaries are for. Very Happy
I printed a necklace pendant in WhiteDetal and had a jeweler friend cast it into silver for our 30th wedding anniversary... about a month before Shapeways started offering Silver.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72448 is a reply to message #72234 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 16:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
My fear of this subject has prevented me from submitting an entry. And it damn near prevented me from opening the thread. But had I entered something it likely would have been an elasto garter belt for throwing after a wedding which could also have a dual-use function as a large rubber band for rubber band holding applications.
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72460 is a reply to message #72448 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 20:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Again amazing results!

leorolph's caged birds - Beautiful design with many meanings
Daphne's Jewelry set - Wonderful work as always Daphne.
i8kermit's cufflinks - traditional and classy. Very nice.
jallwine's light bells - A new twist to decorations!
Hanyin's hat - That phoenix is hot!
Dennismartens's wine stopper - An oldie but a goodie
kspaho's mug - Awesome symbology and photography

So this weeks winner. Kspaho. We felt this truly showed the union of marriage and customization with Shapeways. A match made in customized 3D manufactured heaven.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Weekend contest #19: Here Comes The Bride! [message #72472 is a reply to message #72440 ] Thu, 01 August 2013 08:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Wed, 31 July 2013 12:47

That's what anniversaries are for. Very Happy
I printed a necklace pendant in WhiteDetal and had a jeweler friend cast it into silver for our 30th wedding anniversary... about a month before Shapeways started offering Silver.

So true! I just bought my wife this model of the town hall where we got married:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/868096/raadhuis-hilversum.htm l

It's still a surprise, don't tell her Wink

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Weekend contest #17: Let us show you off!
Next Topic:How do you teach 3D printing to kids?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.