|Seeking 3D Modeler For Modeling, Texturing & Rendering Work [message #72149] Thu, 25 July 2013 05:16 UTC
We are seeking an experienced modeler to work from a patent illustration like the one below. Please note the image we've provided is a representative sample of the work we'll have you model. This image was carefully chosen for its shapes and complexity but it is not identical to our model. We cannot disclose the actual object without a signed NDA on file. The actual object is of a similar complexity with similar mechanical shapes.
1.) 3D Model, fully textured. You can work in any software application but the final model must be delivered as a .dwg as well as whatever native file generated by your application.
2.) Front View, Back View, Top View, Perspective View & Exploded View renders with photorealistic lighting. Render resolution should be 2560X1440. Please include an alpha channel for easy compositing.
3.) Possibly create an actual physical version via Shapeways. However, this is optional and not necessary for our presentation purposes.
- online website or portfolio with examples of photorealistic product imagery. Do not submit character work.
- proven expertise here on Shapeways; shippable products created from detailed drawings are preferred.
- proven ability to work with clients.
- proven ability to work quickly, efficiently and execute redraft notes.
- proven expertise in texturing and lighting. Modeling skills isn't sufficient.
I've personally been an art director for nearly 20 years and am a skilled 3D modeler myself. I've primarily used 3ds Max for modeling, texturing, lighting and mechanical (non-character) animation. The rest of our team are skilled engineers and illustrators.
We believe a skilled modeler can model our product in under 4 hours. Render times will vary based on the performance of your system.
- samples of your work
- an estimate for what this project will cost
- a start date and estimated completion date
- a signed NDA (the blank NDA will be uploaded in a subsequent message)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND INTEREST!