Home » Community » Introductions » Ahoy!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ahoy! [message #71771] Thu, 18 July 2013 03:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar narfisil  is currently offline narfisil
Go to my shop

What software do you use?[ 7 vote(s) ]
1.123D Design 0 / 0%
2.Inventor 1 / 14%
3.Blender 1 / 14%
4.3DS Max 0 / 0%
5.Maya 0 / 0%
6.Other 5 / 71%

Hello! I'm joining in on the 3D printing revolution as a motivator to learn 3D design and animation!

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
I had heard of Shapeways from a friend who designed and printed a few trinkets out using Inventor.

2) Where are you from?
New York

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
As I said, I want to use 3D printing as a motivator to get me into 3D modeling for animation. But I can have real uses for 3D prints, for example, I am working on a slide carriage right now.

4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
Inventor right now. I was introduced to it in high school, and my friend uses it. I'm interested in learning software that also does animation like Blender- but I'm sort of scared of it. Anyone know of a good tutorial series to get to using it (also, any tuts for blender with a concentration on 3d printing?)?

5) Your experience level
Beginner

I'm very excited, and I have a ton of questions that I'm sure I'll be browsing the forums here and near for.

Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 03:20 UTC]

Re: Ahoy! [message #71781 is a reply to message #71771 ] Thu, 18 July 2013 07:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Adela  is currently offline Adela
Go to all my models
I work here
Ahoy narfisil!

It's great to have you here as a part of our ever-growing community!
Welcome aboard! Smile

Re: Ahoy! [message #72913 is a reply to message #71771 ] Sun, 11 August 2013 13:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ray_Zhou  is currently offline Ray_Zhou
Go to my shop
I've downloaded a lot, 123D design, Blender, Sculptris (know it from Sean during the meetup last week), OpenSCAD, ZW3D. However, only tried sketchup, and think it can do quite a lot.

Design in mind, while still learning to put it out onto the paper.

Previous Topic:Greetings from the East
Next Topic:Morning, everyone! Great to be here and start making things!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.