Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » Introductions » Ahoy!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ahoy! [message #71771] Thu, 18 July 2013 03:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar narfisil  is currently offline narfisil
Go to my shop

What software do you use?[ 7 vote(s) ]
1.123D Design 0 / 0%
2.Inventor 1 / 14%
3.Blender 1 / 14%
4.3DS Max 0 / 0%
5.Maya 0 / 0%
6.Other 5 / 71%

Hello! I'm joining in on the 3D printing revolution as a motivator to learn 3D design and animation!

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
I had heard of Shapeways from a friend who designed and printed a few trinkets out using Inventor.

2) Where are you from?
New York

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
As I said, I want to use 3D printing as a motivator to get me into 3D modeling for animation. But I can have real uses for 3D prints, for example, I am working on a slide carriage right now.

4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
Inventor right now. I was introduced to it in high school, and my friend uses it. I'm interested in learning software that also does animation like Blender- but I'm sort of scared of it. Anyone know of a good tutorial series to get to using it (also, any tuts for blender with a concentration on 3d printing?)?

5) Your experience level
Beginner

I'm very excited, and I have a ton of questions that I'm sure I'll be browsing the forums here and near for.

Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 18 July 2013 03:20 UTC]

Re: Ahoy! [message #71781 is a reply to message #71771 ] Thu, 18 July 2013 07:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Adela  is currently offline Adela
Go to all my models
I work here
Ahoy narfisil!

It's great to have you here as a part of our ever-growing community!
Welcome aboard! Smile

Re: Ahoy! [message #72913 is a reply to message #71771 ] Sun, 11 August 2013 13:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Ray_Zhou  is currently offline Ray_Zhou
Go to my shop
I've downloaded a lot, 123D design, Blender, Sculptris (know it from Sean during the meetup last week), OpenSCAD, ZW3D. However, only tried sketchup, and think it can do quite a lot.

Design in mind, while still learning to put it out onto the paper.

Previous Topic:Greetings from the East
Next Topic:Morning, everyone! Great to be here and start making things!