Home » Support » 3D Printing » Choosing material for small scale miniatures
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Choosing material for small scale miniatures [message #71584] Mon, 15 July 2013 00:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar Freakazoitt  is currently offline Freakazoitt
Go to my shop
For example, there is a miniature about 30mm high with small detail
something like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3b-CDl_uY-I/TSixWovFizI/AAAAAAAAAPU/vY17MfXHjgI/s400/warhammer+dark+eldar+wych+1.png
Which material is better for that? It supposed to be Black/White detail, but Frosted is more priced so it's more detailed? How it's good for cutting, glueing and painting?
What about strong&flexible? it is too flexible, like rubber?
Re: Choosing material for small scale miniatures [message #71586 is a reply to message #71584 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 01:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
I would suggest using frosted ultra detail. I have seen lots of 30mm scale miniatures in many of our materials and frosted ultra detail seems to have the best results.

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways
Re: Choosing material for small scale miniatures [message #71642 is a reply to message #71584 ] Tue, 16 July 2013 03:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
I agree with Mhagan. FUD is the best choice for models like this. But you will need to remove the oil from the print before painting it, there is lots of information on these forums about that, I use an ultrasonic cleaner. Stay away from certain solvent paints. Super glue works very well both to attach and seal it.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: Choosing material for small scale miniatures [message #72483 is a reply to message #71642 ] Thu, 01 August 2013 12:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
Try to enter 40k in the Search field and you will find some examples, with photos.
Mostly weapons and other detail parts.

Previous Topic:No option for ordering Coral Red Polished
Next Topic:Printing tall ceramics