Home » Community » General Discussion » how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71538] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar thefirstcuber  is currently offline thefirstcuber
Go to all my models
hi,

i wanted to upload my object, which i created with autodesk trial.

But i can´t because of the special format i need.

how can i convert my ipt to one you support ?

pls help me fast thx michi
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71539 is a reply to message #71538 ] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
You should be able to export STL from Inventor, right?

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71540 is a reply to message #71538 ] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Export - Cad Format - Save as Type - STL Files(*.stl)
Don't forget to pick 'high resolution' in 'options'.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 July 2013 09:50 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71541 is a reply to message #71539 ] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar thefirstcuber  is currently offline thefirstcuber
Go to all my models
thank you such a lot Smile i just didn´t see where now i looked it up again Smile
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71542 is a reply to message #71541 ] Sat, 13 July 2013 09:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Once you have exported. Get a copy of http://www.netfabb.com/basic.php
Here you can check, repair, measure and scale your model.
It will also show you WYSIWYG.

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71585 is a reply to message #71538 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 01:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
One other thing. Inventor defaults to export in centimeters. You can change this in the export options.

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways
Re: how to convert autodesk-inventor-format to one that shapeways supports ? [message #71595 is a reply to message #71585 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 12:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey team,

let me say thanks for being so super helpful to a new member! This community is getting better and better.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Where can I buy 3d printable models?
Next Topic:To 3DPrintshow or not to 3DPrintshow?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.