Home » Community » It arrived! » Cranium Anatomica Macramé
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Cranium Anatomica Macramé [message #71522] Fri, 12 July 2013 20:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Wahtah  is currently offline Wahtah
Go to my shop
My batch of woven items arrived a while ago, this is the woven skull basket. It was inspired by one of the first weekend contests, which made me think: "wouldn't it be nice to be able to weave any shape?". And as it turns out, it would! Took a bit more than a weekend though...

This batch was just for testing, so to keep the price down I used a very thin wire (1 mm) and quite an open weave. Though it mostly survived shipping and can be handled, it is really too fragile.

The last picture shows the three components or loops that it is made up of.

http://shpws.me/orhR

index.php?t=getfile&id=36389&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=36386&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=36388&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=36387&private=0

Re: Cranium Anatomica Macramé [message #74984 is a reply to message #71522 ] Wed, 18 September 2013 14:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
WOW! Shocked

How sturdy is it? It looks very thin!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Cranium Anatomica Macramé [message #75032 is a reply to message #74984 ] Wed, 18 September 2013 17:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Wahtah  is currently offline Wahtah
Go to my shop
@Natalia Finally someone noticed it Wink
It's okay as a basket for light stuff, but a thicker/wider wire would be better, there were one or two breaks in the wire although the wrapping dept really did their best.

I have some more weaving tests, the only one visible at this time is:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1160016/woven-glove.html

Previous Topic:Being one with Nature!
Next Topic:'The Hunt' Mask Series

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.