Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Assistance requested: 3D printing a mod for a fountain pen
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Assistance requested: 3D printing a mod for a fountain pen [message #70683] Fri, 28 June 2013 20:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jaay  is currently offline Jaay
Go to all my models
Greetings all. I am new to the site and the medium. I have come seeking help with a project.

I have a pair of fountain pens with ABS plastic barrels that I love dearly, but I would like to modify them to accept rollerball refills. As the pens are plastic, I had the idea to scan the front section of the pen where the nib is and modify the shape into what I want, 3D-print the modified section, and I have a new pen! The original product has been defunct for about ten years, thus precluding me from simply acquiring another. Help is appreciated; thank you kindly.

-Jaay
Re: Assistance requested: 3D printing a mod for a fountain pen [message #71268 is a reply to message #70683 ] Tue, 09 July 2013 15:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar hunterfrerich  is currently offline hunterfrerich
Go to my shop
Are you talking about Lamy Safaris? They rock.

hunterfrerich.com

Previous Topic:CAD Design needed for PCB Enclosure
Next Topic:3D Render Needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.