Home » Community » General Discussion » Private link to model problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Private link to model problem [message #71146] Sun, 07 July 2013 22:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Anybody have issues lately with non-public models? I've uploaded one for a client, set it to "sale" but not "public", and sent them the permalink. In response I got: "I am getting a "Sorry, you don't have permission to perform this action." message when I click on the link."

What gives? I'm sure the permalink worked before...

Tom
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71152 is a reply to message #71146 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 07:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I checked and it still works. After setting the model to 'private' and 'for sale', access it from your gallery again and check the link - it should contain a 'key' section, like:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1184115/my-model.html?li=mode lEdit&key=<secret key here>

Links to private models will only work if they contain this key!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71155 is a reply to message #71152 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Thanks Bart! I ended up copying the whole "WWW" address, but shouldn't the short permalink also do the job? Or is that only for "public" models? I also found it wouldn't let me save edited changes until I added a Category, but since it is a private model this just seems silly...

Still, all's well now!

Regards,
Tom
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71156 is a reply to message #71155 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hmm, yes I agree - the permalink should contain that information probably. I'll forward the suggestion to our team, thanks!

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Geek Convention Presence?
Next Topic:Experience Our New Elasto Plastic at a Local Meetup

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.