Home » Community » General Discussion » Private link to model problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Private link to model problem [message #71146] Sun, 07 July 2013 22:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Anybody have issues lately with non-public models? I've uploaded one for a client, set it to "sale" but not "public", and sent them the permalink. In response I got: "I am getting a "Sorry, you don't have permission to perform this action." message when I click on the link."

What gives? I'm sure the permalink worked before...

Tom
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71152 is a reply to message #71146 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 07:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
I checked and it still works. After setting the model to 'private' and 'for sale', access it from your gallery again and check the link - it should contain a 'key' section, like:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1184115/my-model.html?li=mode lEdit&key=<secret key here>

Links to private models will only work if they contain this key!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71155 is a reply to message #71152 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Thanks Bart! I ended up copying the whole "WWW" address, but shouldn't the short permalink also do the job? Or is that only for "public" models? I also found it wouldn't let me save edited changes until I added a Category, but since it is a private model this just seems silly...

Still, all's well now!

Regards,
Tom
Re: Private link to model problem [message #71156 is a reply to message #71155 ] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hmm, yes I agree - the permalink should contain that information probably. I'll forward the suggestion to our team, thanks!

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Geek Convention Presence?
Next Topic:Experience Our New Elasto Plastic at a Local Meetup