Home » Support » Buying » Delivery
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Delivery [message #71144] Sun, 07 July 2013 18:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mathiastoubro  is currently offline Mathiastoubro
Go to all my models
Dear Shapeways.

I need to have a 3D print ready in Tokyo by Wednesday, will it be posible to have it produced and shipped in such sort time?

best
Re: Delivery [message #71145 is a reply to message #71144 ] Sun, 07 July 2013 19:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Not an official shapeways statement, but on that short notice you are probably better off finding some rapid prototyping business
in the Tokyo area (which will probably be much more expensive than shapeways).
The shortest delivery periods among the various materials and production methods are 8 business days - they strive to deliver faster
than that, but two days is actually on the physical limit e.g. for the white strong&flexible material (1 day printing, 1 day cooling before
removal of the printed models from the block of nylon powder). Metals will probably not be done any faster (print in wax and cast in silver, or
print a "green" iron model with binder, infuse with bronze to burn out the binder and stabilize the model)
Shapeways' business model largely relies on printing models from lots of different orders in a single print run to maximize printer
utilization, and individual rush orders will not fit in with that.
(Check the individual process descriptions under the Materials tab, and/or watch the video on the "how it works" link at the bottom
of the webpage - the processes shapeways uses are completely different from the hobbyist printers that build models from molten
plastic wire one at a time)

Previous Topic:Bug in Sandstone pricing?
Next Topic:Not getting my 10% discount

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.