Home » Community » General Discussion » Questions about Strong & Flexible Plastic and about Neca company
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Questions about Strong & Flexible Plastic and about Neca company [message #70953] Thu, 04 July 2013 13:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar super3dteam  is currently offline super3dteam
Go to all my models
Hi all!

I have several questions:

1) Tell me please, What most budget 3d printer can print use "Strong & Flexible Plastics"?
2) Can anybody tell me, what equipments use "Neca" company for printing high-quality and detailed figures? Is it 3d printers?
Do they paint the figures by handwork?
Re: Questions about Strong & Flexible Plastic and about Neca company [message #70957 is a reply to message #70953 ] Thu, 04 July 2013 14:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
[ 1 ] None that I know of at the moment. This kind of 3D printing is done by EOS machines that cost upwards of around a million dollars US. There are some fused filament fabrication FFF machines out there that can do nylon though. I'd say that within one to two years there will be a cheap version of the EOS machines available since the patent is long expired for the core selective laser sintering SLS technology.

[ 2 ] They don't use 3D printing to make those figures for production since there is currently no known method for producing that kind of quality in color. I'm sure they make their prototypes though using 3D printing.

[ 3 ] I'm not sure of the exact method they use, but looking at the figures it appears that the details are too extensive to do by robotic means. Not that it would be impossible to do robotically, it just that it be very difficult to program, so I doubt they are using industrial robots to do the painting.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.

Previous Topic:3D printing on Futurama
Next Topic:if i want to get into 3D printing, do i need to learn solidworks?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.