Home »  » Bug Reporting » Double markup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Double markup [message #7094] Tue, 06 October 2009 07:26 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi all,

Here is another crazy suggestion of mine (I apologize in advance Very Happy ).
There are some cases where you need collaboration between 2 modelers (you know, the guys/girls creating the models): some are better into inventing structures or mechanisms, other are better into adding details or decorations.
For instance Mamélie needs Youknowwho4eva to make a blank dice and would like to add the dots by himself, or Randomblink would like a Photoshaper model from Shapeways to modify it.
Another example would be me asking for someone else to make decorations on the double-marble-pendant.
The problem is: how do you share revenues on this new object that is the result of the work of two modelers?
My suggestion would be to have the option to put 2 markups on one object.
In this way, each one of the modelers would get its own markup each time such an object is sold.
Of course, it is not so easy, since at least one of the guy has to share its model (its IP) with another so there is always a matter of trust. And there are also the technical issues.
But if it works, I think that the added value could be interesting.
Is it something feasable, and would it help the community?
Thanks,

Magic.

Previous Topic:Really annoyed with ratings stars.
Next Topic:Please stop chopping model names when there's no need to do so

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.