Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Leg braces - Reinvented
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Leg braces - Reinvented [message #70864] Wed, 03 July 2013 05:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar designdose  is currently offline designdose
Go to all my models
I recently came across Jack Evill's Cortex design and was blown away...

http://www.core77.com/blog/medical/concept_cast_a_3d-printed _exoskeletal_cast_from_jake_evill_25147.asp

I love to see examples of how 3D printing truly improves lives. With that said, I believe we have barely even scratched the surface with the possibilities of this technology and it's impact on improving the lives of the millions of people in our world with disabilities. I have worn leg braces since the age of 4...I am 33 now. So much has changed in the world of technology and yet there has been very little progress in designing orthotics! The best kind available to me are priced at an insane 12k and only 1 office in the entire country will make them. My vision is as follows:

#1 Create a 3d scan of either my feet or current leg braces.
#2 Select best material to print from (strong with some flexibility).
#3 Update design through colaboration & print.
#4 Create formula and manufacturing technique to be replicated to the masses.

Anyone with the necessary skills and ambition for a project like this, please contact me to discuss further. NYC designers preferred but not mandatory.

Thank you!
Re: Leg braces - Reinvented [message #70869 is a reply to message #70864 ] Wed, 03 July 2013 06:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ming  is currently offline Ming
Go to all my models
hi,
its not difficult . i can only do the modeling but not the manufacturing .
i can do it in about 2 days .
i'm a 3d modeler for over 15 years and have done many modelling for shapeways members.
i can model almost anything similarly based on references provided Smile
you may view my works at my website :

http://www.its-ming.com/servicegallery.html

if interested, please email so that we can discuss more of the job .
thanks
ming

[Updated on: Wed, 03 July 2013 06:38 UTC]

Re: Leg braces - Reinvented [message #71312 is a reply to message #70864 ] Tue, 09 July 2013 23:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
Hi There,

Please contact us at contact@designanything3d.com

We would love to design this for you. We have an amazing creative team and I think we could come up with something amazing.

Josh
designanything3d.com
Re: Leg braces - Reinvented [message #71989 is a reply to message #70864 ] Tue, 23 July 2013 13:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar HenryAlfredo  is currently offline HenryAlfredo
Go to my shop
Do you still need help?

And is it your ambition to make a profit out of this or do you want to steer this project in the spirit of donating it to the public?

Previous Topic:Modeler Needed for cone
Next Topic:3D Modeler based in NYC area needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.