Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Use WSF as a mold?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Use WSF as a mold? [message #70723] Sun, 30 June 2013 02:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar le_squoggle  is currently offline le_squoggle
Go to all my models
I was wondering if anyone has used WSF as a mold for resin casting. I know that the surface is porous and gritty, but with enough wax/release, do you think I could cast 2 part polyurethane (smooth-on) resin into a multi-part mold. For the application I am considering, I think producing a rigid mold would be better than printing my positive and making silicone molds.
Re: Use WSF as a mold? [message #70725 is a reply to message #70723 ] Sun, 30 June 2013 05:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Have you seen this? http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1707-instructable-how -to-make-a-3d-printed-mold.html

Pssst! I wrote a book to help you quickly get your Sketchup models ready for printing. Click here to get it on Amazon
Re: Use WSF as a mold? [message #70726 is a reply to message #70725 ] Sun, 30 June 2013 06:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar le_squoggle  is currently offline le_squoggle
Go to all my models
Thanks, that's full of the info I want! I have so many ideas if I can trim my molds light enough to afford them!

Previous Topic:Pin to hole clearances press fit, glue fit, sliding fit,
Next Topic:Looking for open source software; parametric + organic shapes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.