Home »  » 3D Applications » Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing [message #70707] Sat, 29 June 2013 06:22 UTC
avatar flyingcat  is currently offline flyingcat
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,

I model with alibre (now geomagic) and like it. Now, for the first time, I want to create a colored object for full-color sandstone printing - an architectural model of a house.

Alibre does not support exporting to x3d or wrl, so I tried zbrush and a few other applications. However, they all seem more tailored towards artistic texture painting rather than scientifically accurate coloring. I'd like to be able to assign a color to each triangle/quad in my mesh, whereas these applications allow me to assign a color to vertices, meaning adjacent triangles share a color around a common point, which is not what I want (because, for example, a wall and a floor have different colors but share a corner).

Any recommendation how best to achieve this or which software to use would be greatly appreciated. Software license costs are, within reason, not a problem.

Thank y'all!

Christian

Previous Topic:Combine multiple UV'd objects
Next Topic:Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.