Home » Support » 3D Applications » Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing [message #70707] Sat, 29 June 2013 06:22 UTC
avatar flyingcat  is currently offline flyingcat
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,

I model with alibre (now geomagic) and like it. Now, for the first time, I want to create a colored object for full-color sandstone printing - an architectural model of a house.

Alibre does not support exporting to x3d or wrl, so I tried zbrush and a few other applications. However, they all seem more tailored towards artistic texture painting rather than scientifically accurate coloring. I'd like to be able to assign a color to each triangle/quad in my mesh, whereas these applications allow me to assign a color to vertices, meaning adjacent triangles share a color around a common point, which is not what I want (because, for example, a wall and a floor have different colors but share a corner).

Any recommendation how best to achieve this or which software to use would be greatly appreciated. Software license costs are, within reason, not a problem.

Thank y'all!

Christian

Previous Topic:Combine multiple UV'd objects
Next Topic:Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes)