Home » Community » It arrived! » A little potpourri bowl
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
A little potpourri bowl [message #70562] Wed, 26 June 2013 21:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar draw  is currently offline draw
Go to my shop
Ok so my first order arrived in April. It's high time I posted something about it.

I have a coworker that spent a zillion dollars on equipment to make segmented bowls. My girlfriend wanted a segmented bowl for use with potpourri. I made a cheaper and nicer potpourri bowl with Shapeways! It can hold a small electronic tea light or other things if you do not care for potpourri. I do not care for potpourri.

The surface has a couple of tiny white spots that could be covered up with colored markers but they are not very noticeable. I was pleasantly surprised by the finish. I had planned on spraying it with polyurethane spray for additional protection but that was not necessary. The photo of the inside bottom of the bowl shows what looks to be overspray that penetrated the holes in the bowl.

index.php?t=getfile&id=35256&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=35257&private=0

There is a small indent in the bottom of the bowl for a circle of felt or cork for cushioning but it would be a shame to cover up the built in logo. A built in logo! How cool is that? Now all I need to do is to design a cover with a nice pattern and a little handle.

Re: A little potpourri bowl [message #70565 is a reply to message #70562 ] Thu, 27 June 2013 01:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Cork donut. Problem solved. Smile

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.

Previous Topic:Victorian Railways 16mm scale (1:19/G scale) NT van
Next Topic:Brown Steampunk Android

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.