Home » Support » 3D Applications » Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes) [message #70527] Wed, 26 June 2013 12:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar kspence  is currently offline kspence
Go to my shop
Hello,

I've been using Solidworks to save VRMLs in colour but every now and then the colour doesn't save. It's very strange because it will work sometimes and randomly won't. My current file just won't save with colour anymore, even though it has in the past. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin
Re: Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes) [message #70868 is a reply to message #70527 ] Wed, 03 July 2013 06:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
If you are using solid colors, it should be fairly straightforward to apply vertex coloring in other programs like Blender or Meshlab. Just export all parts of each color as a separate STL. Those programs will also allow selective painting of vertices, though you would have to subdivide the mesh to have enough vertices to hold any detail.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Solidworks not saving colour in VRML (sometimes) [message #70883 is a reply to message #70868 ] Wed, 03 July 2013 12:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kspence  is currently offline kspence
Go to my shop
I'm fairly certain I figured out the problem. The problem would occur when I applied a colour to an entire body. That colour doesn't get saved. In SW, you need to apply the colour on a face by face basis for it to save in a vrml

Previous Topic:Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing
Next Topic:From 3ds....

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.