Home » Community » Work in progress » Trying to make a Personalize Stamp...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to make a Personalize Stamp... [message #70348] Sun, 23 June 2013 18:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar trishycakes  is currently offline trishycakes
Go to my shop
I am currently working on making a personalized stamp of my logo and I was wondering what material I should use. Any suggestions? I was thinking the new elastoplastic, but I am not really sure that will have the detail/not just absorb all the ink. Thoughts? This is the logo:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/400496_378865575559098_1238801439_n.jpg

The lines will have to be thickened but it would be embossed on the surface of a flat stamp that would fit into a wsf holder i am designing.
Re: Trying to make a Personalize Stamp... [message #71610 is a reply to message #70348 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 15:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I'm not altogether sure that ANY of the materials in Shapeways line-up will make a good ink-stamp. WSF would be the better of them all, I guess, but even that would entail a lot of messing around with ink loads and cleaning between stamps. I don't know enough about the elasto-plastic to help with that one, but I think it would be too soft and would deform on stamping.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Please help: minimum bounding box size error for small piece - don't understand
Next Topic:The Sphere Cup

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.