Home » Community » Work in progress » Trying to make a Personalize Stamp...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to make a Personalize Stamp... [message #70348] Sun, 23 June 2013 18:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar trishycakes  is currently offline trishycakes
Go to my shop
I am currently working on making a personalized stamp of my logo and I was wondering what material I should use. Any suggestions? I was thinking the new elastoplastic, but I am not really sure that will have the detail/not just absorb all the ink. Thoughts? This is the logo:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/400496_378865575559098_1238801439_n.jpg

The lines will have to be thickened but it would be embossed on the surface of a flat stamp that would fit into a wsf holder i am designing.
Re: Trying to make a Personalize Stamp... [message #71610 is a reply to message #70348 ] Mon, 15 July 2013 15:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I'm not altogether sure that ANY of the materials in Shapeways line-up will make a good ink-stamp. WSF would be the better of them all, I guess, but even that would entail a lot of messing around with ink loads and cleaning between stamps. I don't know enough about the elasto-plastic to help with that one, but I think it would be too soft and would deform on stamping.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Please help: minimum bounding box size error for small piece - don't understand
Next Topic:The Sphere Cup