Home » Community » General Discussion » Trying to make a colored object, system cant find texture?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Trying to make a colored object, system cant find texture? [message #70199] Thu, 20 June 2013 19:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar RanchFX  is currently offline RanchFX
Go to my shop
Hello!
I have been trying to upload a model with a texture map to shapeways to test the colored sandstone but it refuses to recognize my bitmap.
I am exporting it to an x3d, my texture is a jpg (i also tried bmp)

I put the files in my root c drive to make sure, but no matter what i get this:

Advanced Printability Failure Message:
It seems your product is missing the textures it needs to be 3D printed. Please check the uploaded file to make sure the texture is in the root directory (we don't support textures in subfolders).
Texture file not found: outlaw_texture.jpg.

I have attached the texture and file, can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
Thanks so much!

• Attachment: outlaw.rar
    (Size: 329.56KB, Downloaded 6 time(s))

Re: Trying to make a colored object, system cant find texture? [message #70202 is a reply to message #70199 ] Thu, 20 June 2013 20:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker is currently online mkroeker
Go to all my models
Open the .x3d file in a text editor - right at the top is your ImageTexture declaration, and it now reads
"Texture/outlaw_texture.jpg" instead of just "outlaw_texture.jpg".
Re: Trying to make a colored object, system cant find texture? [message #70331 is a reply to message #70199 ] Sun, 23 June 2013 03:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dcyale  is currently offline dcyale
Go to my shop
Here is a tutorial I made to get a color file from Sketchup to shapeways using Blender to convert the file. Perhaps it will be of assistance?

http://www.dcyale.com/shapeways/tutorials/Shapeways.htm

Previous Topic:How much time to cancel after a problem is found with a partial order
Next Topic:Unsure of strength