Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Printing » More Detailed Rejection Explanations
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
More Detailed Rejection Explanations [message #70110] Wed, 19 June 2013 17:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar JeremyMallin  is currently offline JeremyMallin
Go to my shop
Occasionally a print gets rejected and I only get a two word explanation that is either vague or seems out of place. Sometimes all that is needed is a better explanation of why a model was rejected. I had one rejection recently when the explanation was simply three words. "thin walls, fragile" When I checked I found every wall met the posted minimum wall thickness by a healthy margin. It ended up that real explanation was that the model was a wire loop tied in a knot and it was fragile because it was too long (albeit coiled) for an unsupported wire. If the original explanation had said this it would have saved me much confusion and frustration.

My only request is that you all try to include more complete explanations so that we know why a model was rejected and we can come up with better solutions to fixing the problems. Engineering design problems are easy to solve; mysteries are much less so.

I understand from reading in the forums that some of the staff is better with this than others. For those already providing good detail when explaining model rejections please keep up the good work. Thank you.
Re: More Detailed Rejection Explanations [message #70510 is a reply to message #70110 ] Tue, 25 June 2013 22:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
I definitely agree with this. I know time is of the essence of I'm sure the staff has plenty more to do in a day, but seriously, two words? No no no. Not acceptable. That tells us the designers absolutely nothing about the problem. Then we fix the wrong thing, try to print it again, and waste MORE of BOTH party's time.
Re: More Detailed Rejection Explanations [message #71342 is a reply to message #70510 ] Wed, 10 July 2013 13:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks JeremyMallin, I agree as well and I'll pass that along to our teams.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: More Detailed Rejection Explanations [message #93669 is a reply to message #70110 ] Wed, 09 July 2014 16:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

I wanted to post an update on our rejections process, named Project Caterpillar:

Read all about all the improvements we've made over the past six months here.

And we invite you to submit continuing good ideas in this thread!

Thanks!
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Polished Nickel Steel not so polished anymore
Next Topic:Would Shapeways ever consider.....

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.