Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Model Availability Public or Private?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Availability Public or Private? [message #700] Thu, 07 August 2008 18:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar wormwood  is currently offline wormwood
Go to all my models
On the 'upload a new model' page I'm not exactly sure what the 'Model availability: Public/Private' option means.

What do I select so that a model IS available for public view and comment in the gallery but NOT available for people to copy or print for themselves?

Maybe you should replace the phrase 'Model availability' with something like...

Exhibit in Gallery: Yes/No

and

Allow Copying: Yes/No

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2008 22:08 UTC]

Re: Model Availability Public or Private? [message #702 is a reply to message #700 ] Thu, 07 August 2008 19:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Wildsketch  is currently offline Wildsketch
Go to all my models
The internet abounds with websites that host pictures, you know. And you can showcase your artwork, your possessions, or anything you may produce for sale in a large number of places. Why would you feel the need to do so here?
Re: Model Availability Public or Private? [message #765 is a reply to message #700 ] Fri, 08 August 2008 20:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Christel  is currently offline Christel
Go to all my models
Wormwood, I am as confused about this as you are. Hoping for an answer soon Smile
Re: Model Availability Public or Private? [message #773 is a reply to message #765 ] Sat, 09 August 2008 00:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Public means it is available in our gallery. Private means it is only available for yourself.

The copy function is currently unused. Stay tuned for this.

In our next website release you can make an object available for public view but disable ordering by others.

Best regards,

Robert

Previous Topic:Is it cookie based ?
Next Topic:Size units

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.