Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help with design AND 3D printing - small ring design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help with design AND 3D printing - small ring design [message #69890] Sat, 15 June 2013 17:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar kaldrenon  is currently offline kaldrenon
Go to all my models
Hey guys and gals! I've got a very special project in mind, but it's outside my (non-existent) skills as an artist to complete, so I'm turning to the experts.

A Little Background
So, I'm planning a marriage proposal for my ladyfriend. I want to do something special and memorable. However, even though I want to buy her an engagement ring, it's rather important to me that she be able to pick it out herself. So when I do the actual proposing, I want to have a placeholder.

I'll spare the backstory for now, but something that's sort of an inside joke for the two of us involves glowsticks. We've each worn an old glowstick on our wrists for a long time, and it's a running gag we use from time to time. So that gave me a pretty cool idea.

The Project
What I want is an engagement ring, but with two very important traits:

• The ring must be made of translucent plastic
  • It must be hollow, and have a stopper (probably the "gemstone" piece) so that it can be opened

The idea here is that I'm going to fill the ring with a glowing fluid like the stuff used in glowsticks before I put the ring in the box and take a knee.

I can provide plenty more detail if someone's willing to take up the project, but I'm also posting here to get a sense of whether this is feasible/easy. Any feedback you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Need help with design AND 3D printing - small ring design [message #69891 is a reply to message #69890 ] Sat, 15 June 2013 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar sorhain  is currently offline sorhain
Go to my shop
I sent a pm.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2013 18:14 UTC]

www.corinnehansen.com sorhain@gmail.com
Re: Need help with design AND 3D printing - small ring design [message #69905 is a reply to message #69890 ] Sat, 15 June 2013 19:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
Hello I have a lot of experience with rings. We would love to make this for you. Plazas contact us at contact@designanything3d.com

Josh
Designanything3d.com

Previous Topic:Need help with converting 3dm file to stl file
Next Topic:DB5 Wheel

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.