Home » Support » 3D Printing » Opinions on how this will turn out
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69713] Wed, 12 June 2013 18:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar timramich  is currently offline timramich
Go to my shop
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1151697/0805-leds-front.html

I will do some kind of black. It is to isolate LED lights from each other for a spectrum analyzer. The smaller space between each element is 0.75mm. It doesn't need to be super accurate. It also doesn't need to be strong because it will be epoxied onto a PCB and the holes will all be filled with epoxy. Then the face will be ground flat. It will become a solid object. Should I use strong & flexible or detail?
Re: Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69760 is a reply to message #69713 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 16:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
No one?
Re: Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69762 is a reply to message #69713 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
How big are the holes?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69766 is a reply to message #69762 ] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It would probably easiest answered with this:

http://timramich.com/crap/0805hole.png
Re: Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69846 is a reply to message #69766 ] Fri, 14 June 2013 18:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Those are the dimensions of each hole. 20 of them in each direction. There is a 0.75mm wall between each on the Y axis, and they are 8mm apart on center on the Y axis, so 3mm from each tip. The model is linked to and is downloadable.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 June 2013 18:54 UTC]

Re: Opinions on how this will turn out [message #69847 is a reply to message #69713 ] Fri, 14 June 2013 19:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I don't think WSF would be a good choice as wall thickness can cause holes to close. Check out this extensive examination of results. I would go with FD or FUD for best results.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Ball and cylindrical joints
Next Topic:Model Complexity

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.