Home » Community » Work in progress » Espresso cup questions
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Espresso cup questions [message #68939] Thu, 30 May 2013 21:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar hazy_v  is currently offline hazy_v
Go to my shop
http://shpws.me/nZo2

1) Does anyone know about cup... physics... I guess? Is this thing going to spill coffee on peoples' shirts?

2) What thickness should I be using for ceramic cup handles?

3) Does shapeways try out different colors for the ceramics from time to time?

Thanks for your time!

SHAZAM!
Re: Espresso cup questions [message #68971 is a reply to message #68939 ] Fri, 31 May 2013 12:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
1) Does anyone know about cup... physics... I guess? Is this thing going to spill coffee on peoples' shirts?

I don't see any glaring usability issues

2) What thickness should I be using for ceramic cup handles?

As long as you meet the requirements, it should be printable. As far as how you want it to look and feel, find a similar sized piece with a handle and see how it fits.

3) Does shapeways try out different colors for the ceramics from time to time?

From time to time. I know I want more more more new colors

One note about your model. You have sharp corners on those bricks, and the mortar lines don't look very deep. Look through the rules, you will probably have to radius those corners.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Espresso cup questions [message #69066 is a reply to message #68971 ] Sun, 02 June 2013 04:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hazy_v  is currently offline hazy_v
Go to my shop
Thanks for the feedback! Just fixed the models, but I've still got a regular 90 deg cut (check out the seam between the top rim and the 'grout' lines) at the lip to prevent spilling while drinking. Unless you think I should get rid of that hard edge too?

SHAZAM!
Re: Espresso cup questions [message #69102 is a reply to message #68939 ] Mon, 03 June 2013 13:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The sharp edges may get rejected. And if they don't, the glaze doesn't like to stick to sharp edges, so you will at least get thin areas here that may crack over time.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:New, need help sizing an obj for printing...
Next Topic:Colors on model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.