Home » Support » 3D Printing » 3D printing in color
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D printing in color [message #69032] Sat, 01 June 2013 09:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar Peter2010  is currently offline Peter2010
Go to all my models
Hello everybody,

I am currently working on my first 3D print in color! Smile When I render the image with textures in my 3D software (C4D)
the textures seem to be flawless. But in the preview of Shapeways I see some black seams wich are not supposed
to be there. (see attachment).

My question is: Will the black seams appear on my printed model or is this just a flaw of the preview of Shapeways?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: 3D printing in color [message #69034 is a reply to message #69032 ] Sat, 01 June 2013 11:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Rendering artifact - see this thread.
Re: 3D printing in color [message #69045 is a reply to message #69034 ] Sat, 01 June 2013 14:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the quick response Smile I haven't been able to find a concrete answer in the conversation though.
Is it save to conclude that the seams and speckels are just a problem in the render quality of shapeways?
Or will the seams also be visible on the 3D print itself?

Thanks alot!
Re: 3D printing in color [message #69048 is a reply to message #69045 ] Sat, 01 June 2013 15:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Yes, I am confident that these specks are only in the preview image - and they would probably be well below the resolution
limit of the printer anyway.
Re: 3D printing in color [message #69050 is a reply to message #69048 ] Sat, 01 June 2013 16:49 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Allright then, I am going to order the model right now Smile Thanks again!

Previous Topic:Which service is SLA?
Next Topic:Pitting found in Strong-white-flexible print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.