Home » Community » It arrived! » Sintel figurine!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sintel figurine! [message #68538] Thu, 23 May 2013 12:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=32865&private=0

Ok... it arrived a little while ago already whilst I was working on the Blender for 3D Printing DVD. But I wanted to wait with posting about it until I made the figurine available to the public. That's now! I'm really excited about the model... the end result turned out great! On the DVD I explain how I took the file from the short film and turned it into something printable. If you haven't yet... go see Sintel the Movie

You can find the model here: http://shpws.me/nSHR

Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68840 is a reply to message #68538 ] Wed, 29 May 2013 16:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I remember the movie - really good! So, are you saying that the models from the movie are freely available, or do you have an inside connection somehow?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68889 is a reply to message #68840 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
Hey Lensman.

Actually I was also on the crew that created the short even though I didnt work on the Sintel model then.

But yes.. the entire film is open source/creative commons so you can get your hands on all the models and are allowed to use them as long as you give credit. But... I dont know if Id recommend it... it was quite a big job!
Re: Sintel figurine! [message #68894 is a reply to message #68889 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 11:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very interesting. I'll have to look into this a bit more. Must have been neat to work on the short. Great model, BTW, as I forgot to say last time.

Re: Sintel figurine! [message #69010 is a reply to message #68538 ] Fri, 31 May 2013 18:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
And just for the heck of it I thought I'd post a link to the 14 minute movie on YouTube. If anyone out there hasn't seen it I urge you to take a look... And have your box of tissues handy!

Movie HERE.

Previous Topic:More Building Toy Mini Fig Upgrade Parts
Next Topic:Kingdom Hearts Fans anywhere?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.