Home » Community » Work in progress » first upload? makeable?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  first upload? makeable? [message #68444] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3dmIlky  is currently offline 3dmIlky
Go to my shop
Hej there,

Can anyone please test the box, if it is fine?
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1108651/stone-box.html?li=my- models

Do the printer know what to print? I used only faces.
To view it is great. Is it necessary to make inner and outer material if there exists?

Why there is such a high price?

Thanks a lot.

Andy

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 16:42 UTC]

Please gimmi feedback: andyhubers@aol.com thx
Re: first upload? makeable? [message #68445 is a reply to message #68444 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Are your faces enclosed? If they weren't enclosed, the automated software would try to enclose them. Pretty much what you see is what you would expect to get. As long as you follow the guidelines for the intended material.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: first upload? makeable? [message #68446 is a reply to message #68445 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop

Thanks for answering.
I think yes, they are enclosed. Up to the cap of the box. Is it ok to put two parts in one print?

Andy

Re: first upload? makeable? [message #68448 is a reply to message #68446 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 16:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What's your intended material? If you go through the material guidelines pages, it tells you if multiple pieces are allowed for that material.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: first upload? makeable? [message #68452 is a reply to message #68444 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 17:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
3dmIlky wrote on Tue, 21 May 2013 16:13

...Why there is such a high price?...

Because SW charges by volume for all materials except Ceramic.

Your box is large for a SW object and the walls are thick. If you go to your Model page and Edit it it will tell you the Volume. Then you can use the prices on the Materials pages to figure out the cost.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 May 2013 17:07 UTC]

Re: first upload? makeable? [message #68664 is a reply to message #68452 ] Sat, 25 May 2013 12:10 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
thx a lot for the moment Rolling Eyes

Previous Topic:Able to be printed?
Next Topic:Personal Jesus

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.