Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file [message #68286] Sat, 18 May 2013 12:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar lannesbe  is currently offline lannesbe
Go to my shop
Hi,

I am looking for someons who can repair the attached STL file so that it can be printed on a 3D printer.

In addition to repairing the file 2 other things would need to be done:

1. Seperating the file into 2 files. 1 file containing the barrel and the other file containing the turret.

2. Remove all the track links from both sides of the turret.

FYI: I've received estimates from 2 different sources, telling me that it would take about 1 hour to 1,5 hours maximum for an experienced designer to carry out the work. The company that gave me the quote cannot do the repair because their company policy does not allow them to work on weapons or military vehicles. So basically I am looking for a fee between 20 € - to 30 €.

This is the first of a set of files I plan to get repaired. Possibly more in the future if the parts print out nicely.

Who would be able to do this form me?

kind regards

Michel Claes
ARMI

PS. I've tried to use netfabb but wthout success

Re: Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file [message #68292 is a reply to message #68286 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 13:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Three minutes of work with Netfabb, but I don't think you're going to be happy with the result.
The turret is very large and thick.. it's going to cost $$ to print.
I'm also not sure that I got only the section of the barrel that you're interested in.

But again.. very easy in Netfabb. use the "Select Shells" operator and it's easy.

• Attachment: Tank.zip
    (Size: 2.01MB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file [message #68305 is a reply to message #68292 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 19:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
As Stony said "very easy in Netfabb", if you have seperate shells.
Took me a bit longer, because the end of the Barrel is only 0.47 mm thick. So I deleted the inside, then closed the holes at each end to make it solid.

• Attachment: Tank.zip
    (Size: 2.52MB, Downloaded 11 time(s))

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file [message #68306 is a reply to message #68305 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 19:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Although the file is now seperate and repaired.
There are issues with the minimum wall thickness.
Some of them can be increased as in the 0.51mm to 2.71mm wall.
I think this model will be rejected.
index.php?t=getfile&id=32659&private=0

• Attachment: tank.png
    (Size: 96.76KB, Downloaded 93 time(s))

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Looking for an experienced designer who can repair the attached STL file [message #68308 is a reply to message #68292 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 21:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lannesbe  is currently offline lannesbe
Go to my shop
Hi Stony,

thanks for the quick reply and for the files. I took a look at it in netfabb and it looks fine.
Great work!!

I do realize that the file is too big to print currently. I'll rescale it.

I have 2 other files but I am going to try to get this one (rescaled) printed out first.

Thanks for helping me out.

kind regards

Michel Claes
ARMI

Previous Topic:3D Modeler needed for Award Design
Next Topic:37-sided die - can anyone hollow it out?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.