Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #67954] Tue, 14 May 2013 15:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar HaVoC373  is currently offline HaVoC373
Go to my shop
These came in a few days ago.
I've been a fan of Mechwarrior/Battletech for a while but i've always hated the design of most of the miniatures. so i made my own based on the mechs from mechwarrior online.

Presenting from left to right: The Highlander, The Awesome, The Raven and the catapult

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8995/dsc0099uw.jpg
Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #67957 is a reply to message #67954 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Very good. You're going to paint them?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #67961 is a reply to message #67957 ] Tue, 14 May 2013 16:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I intend to, i'm not much of a painter though so i'll be digging through a few tutorials first.
Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #68166 is a reply to message #67961 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 18:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Maethius  is currently offline Maethius
Go to all my models
That is fantastic... I love the new models in that game. I started playing Battletech with the first edition board game, right after FASA got their butt sued by Lucasfilm for calling it "Battle Droids" and got their butts further threatened with legal action by Bandai for stealing pictures of Macross mecha. Very Happy

(It's a violation of copyright laws to use the models for printing, by the way, but they ARE fantastic! Did you model them yourself based off of the designs?)

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:00 UTC]

Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #68183 is a reply to message #68166 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 23:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
They do look awesome! Now you just need a diorama for them to pulverize each other in...
Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #68185 is a reply to message #67954 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 00:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RogerN  is currently offline RogerN
Go to all my models
I love the CPLT-K2 in particular. Are these models detailed enough to look good at a larger scale? I've always wanted one about 6" tall...
Re: Battletech figures: Mechwarrior online style. [message #68233 is a reply to message #68185 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 14:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
They would probably look fine at a larger scale but 6 inch would be the limit

Previous Topic:New Iphone case; Considering Tea Staining
Next Topic:My daughter got a standing bunny at last!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.