Home » Community » General Discussion » Gravity testing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gravity testing [message #68109] Wed, 15 May 2013 22:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar TheAlchemyst  is currently offline TheAlchemyst
Go to my shop
So I have some designs I want to try out their stability, does it make sense to import to Blender and use the gravity there?

Check out my debates! http://gplusdialogues.blogspot.com/
Re: Gravity testing [message #68139 is a reply to message #68109 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 10:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
If you're talking about doing a simulation then perhaps one of the Blender experts here could give you a good answer on that. Myself, I always go straight to Sketchup's Sketchyphysics plugin for doing 3D simulations. Because it is free and super simple to use!

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Gravity testing [message #68157 is a reply to message #68139 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OK cool! It works with the free version of Sketchup?

Re: Gravity testing [message #68162 is a reply to message #68157 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes it does, it's completely free. You can also download thousands of Sketchyphysics simulations that others have created in the Trimble Warehouse for free.

Also worth mentioning when it comes to free physics simulation is the 2D super easy to use Algodoo. Algodoo was a freeware software program known as Phun years ago, which became super popular and then the name was changed to Algodoo and it was made commercial, but then everyone abandon it and so they just recently made it completely free again. Algodoo is mainly for just goofing around and quickly finding the solutions to things, but one can do serious simulations with it if one gets highly into the workings of the software. Another free 2D software similar to Algodoo is Physion, which I've used as well.

Since your avatar shows a solar system diagram and your thread is about gravity simulation, are you wanting to simulate the motion of planets? If so, you may be interested in Universe Sandbox. It's not free, but it only casts $10 US purchased from Steam. I used this software years ago to simulate the motion of comet Elinin that I was wanting to know some details about. It's extremely good for doing simulations involving gravity and not too complicated as well.

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Gravity testing [message #68164 is a reply to message #68162 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
It's for my solar system models, I want to make them more modular, but I also want to make sure they can stand on their own without crazy bases or support struts. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll run it through a few of them and see which gives me the best results!

Re: Gravity testing [message #68198 is a reply to message #68164 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 03:17 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Oh ok, I see. Yeah, for that I'd definitely go with Sketchyphysics.

Previous Topic:Holland
Next Topic:Removal of burrs by Shapeways on multiple silver rings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.