Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Suggestions » Add ability to open shop using moneybookers
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #68130] Thu, 16 May 2013 09:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar JohnSmith123  is currently offline JohnSmith123
Go to all my models
I don't do paypal
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #68165 is a reply to message #68130 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Neither does Walmart. -shrug-

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #68196 is a reply to message #68130 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 03:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What's wrong with PayPal? I've been using it since its inception without a single problem. PayPal is great! Very Happy

Maker of precision scrap! :p
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #68300 is a reply to message #68130 ] Sat, 18 May 2013 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ditto to that James, not a single problem here either. I do have some concerns about their currency conversions, however.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 May 2013 15:59 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #77551 is a reply to message #68196 ] Fri, 25 October 2013 10:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar panoramer2000  is currently offline panoramer2000
Go to my shop
In accordance with the PayPal's national policy some people cannot receive payments in to their paypal accounts.
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #77564 is a reply to message #77551 ] Fri, 25 October 2013 13:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TrainThingz  is currently offline TrainThingz
Go to my shop
Unless I'm mistaken, SW doesn't actually handle the exchange of money, that's between PayPal, the buyer, and the seller.

Therefore, to use "moneybookers" (never even heard of them before...) both the buyer and seller would have to have "moneybooker" accounts.

Not going to happen.
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #77571 is a reply to message #77564 ] Fri, 25 October 2013 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
TrainThingz, what panoramer2000 means is that in some places Paypal is only for customers, not for sellers. And SW is involved. They get the money (dollars or euros, SW decides which) from the customer via Paypal, credit card (newish) or bank transfer (Europe only) and then send dollars to the seller via Paypal.

Navigating Paypal to figure which countries is a bit... well, you can see some external docs talking about the issue:
http://support.fundrazr.com/hc/en-us/articles/200055313-Road block-The-PayPal-Account-Is-Based-In-A-Country-Which-Cannot- Receive-Payments
https://www.conftool.net/ctforum/index.php?topic=148.0
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #78128 is a reply to message #77551 ] Mon, 04 November 2013 11:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey panoramer2000,

panoramer2000 wrote on Fri, 25 October 2013 10:09

In accordance with the PayPal's national policy some people cannot receive payments in to their paypal accounts.

Yes, we're aware of that. However, at this time this affects such a small number of people that it's hard for us to prioritize a solution. I'd sleep much better once we solve some shipping issues and rejection problems! That's not to say we'll never do this, of course.

Bart

[Updated on: Mon, 04 November 2013 11:23 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #81345 is a reply to message #78128 ] Sun, 15 December 2013 22:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar quickwim  is currently offline quickwim
Go to all my models
Paypal blocked me for ever, because I sold something to someone who did break the TOS. And as a result of that, I must be a risk-person too. I had several contacts with them about this case, but they don't want to solve the problem.

For Europe, (and you're in The Netherlands, just like me), SEPA could be a solution. I hope you will consider this.
Re: Add ability to open shop using moneybookers [message #81362 is a reply to message #81345 ] Mon, 16 December 2013 09:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Innovo  is currently offline Innovo
Go to my shop
quickwim wrote on Sun, 15 December 2013 22:11

Paypal blocked me for ever, because I sold something to someone who did break the TOS. And as a result of that, I must be a risk-person too. I had several contacts with them about this case, but they don't want to solve the problem.

For Europe, (and you're in The Netherlands, just like me), SEPA could be a solution. I hope you will consider this.

Can't you just open another account?

Innovation & Design

http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
www.facebook.com/byInnovoDesign

Previous Topic:Make easy access for Forum
Next Topic:Update the 3D Preview on a Model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.