Home » Community » General Discussion » Spray paint on 3d printing object
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68160] Thu, 16 May 2013 15:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar TommyHewCk  is currently offline TommyHewCk
Go to all my models
Can we spray painting with strong and flexible plastic?
Re: Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68163 is a reply to message #68160 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mhagan  is currently offline Mhagan
Go to my shop
I work here
Absolutely, make sure you clean the part really well and plastic primer will let your paint stick better and will make the paint job look nicer for longer.

3D Printing Engineer | Shapeways
Re: Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68180 is a reply to message #68160 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar henryseg  is currently offline henryseg
Go to my shop
I've had good results with spray dye, e.g. VHT vinyl spray dye. It soaks into the porous WSF, so it won't chip off.
Re: Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68194 is a reply to message #68180 ] Fri, 17 May 2013 03:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks for that, I didn't know about this! I've added it to my personal list I maintain specifically for building stuff. Smile

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68334 is a reply to message #68194 ] Mon, 20 May 2013 02:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TinyMtn  is currently offline TinyMtn
Go to my shop
Just make sure to use a water-based sealant/paint and not oil-based (they'll pit). Minwax Polycrylic works great for WSF parts, I've found.

Mark
tinymtn.com tinymtnbiz@gmail.com
Re: Spray paint on 3d printing object [message #68417 is a reply to message #68160 ] Tue, 21 May 2013 09:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Tamiya Fine Surface Primer works well with WSF (and FUD), once a couple of coats have been applied the surface is good for Acrylics or enamels.

Spray Acrylic (Humbrol brand) works well straight onto WSF too. but generally needs 4 or 5 coats..

Paul

Previous Topic:Best/Easiest 3D Design Software
Next Topic:Shapeways - PLEASE add Argentium Silver to your line-up

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.