Home » Support » Buying » First Order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
First Order [message #68123] Thu, 16 May 2013 08:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar thingsoul  is currently offline thingsoul
Go to my shop
I would like to know if the first order can be one of the material available or it should be exactly the material that the product is suggeted to be.

For example: A jewel that is designed to be in Silver, can be first ordered in any plastic?

Thanks
Re: First Order [message #68140 is a reply to message #68123 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
First order is no different from any later ones - you can choose from the available materials.
Just keep in mind that material properties, and hence design limits, are different across the set, so some materials may be automatically made unavailable, e.g. when the model would be too big to fit in a certain printer, or too delicate for a certain material.
Designers may also further limit the choices for models in their shop, e.g. if they believe that the rough white plastic
would not do their delicate jewelry justice.
Re: First Order [message #68147 is a reply to message #68140 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 12:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
To add to what mkroeker says, when you create a model, the default material is WSF (White Strong and Flexible). If you Edit your model you can choose which material you want to be the default (i.e. the one that is shown when someone goes to your shop).

As indicated, some materials may not be allowed by SW because the model does not conform to the 'rules' and you can further limit the selection yourself. But also note: just because the material is available for your model on the Edit Model page or the purchase model material options menu does not mean that it can necessarily be printed.

Previous Topic:material differences question
Next Topic:Fastest way (Payment method) to ship

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.