Home »  » Shapeways API » API Release - 2013-05-01
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #67301] Wed, 01 May 2013 22:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar ProfessorBeekums  is currently offline ProfessorBeekums
Go to my shop
I work here
We're happy to announce new features for the API this week!

Private models:
You can now obtain a key from the API for accessing private models. The return value 'secretKey' is returned on POST /models/v1, GET /models/{modelId}v1, PUT /models/info/v1, and GET /models/{modelId}/info/v1. You can use this key by adding it to the model url: www.shapeways.com/model/[modelId]/?key=[key]
Note that this is a permanent key that does not expire.

Default Materials:
A new Beta field, 'defaultMaterialId', has been added that allows you to set the default material for your models. This is a parameter on POST /models/v1 and PUT /models/{modelId}/info/v1 and as a return value for POST /models/v1, GET /models/{modelId}v1, PUT /models/info/v1, and GET /models/{modelId}/info/v1.

These new fields can be found in the HTML API Docs and the JSON API Discovery.
Re: API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #67759 is a reply to message #67301 ] Fri, 10 May 2013 05:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Has anyone else tried defaultMaterialId? I can't get it to work, the field is not set or returned whatever I do.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: API Release - 2013-05-01 [message #68119 is a reply to message #67759 ] Thu, 16 May 2013 07:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar zoatron  is currently offline zoatron
Go to my shop
I got it to work eventually.

I note with interest that defaultMaterialId is no longer a beta field, it's official now, and that there is a new beta field for setting the categories of a model.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2013 07:24 UTC]

-Bathsheba
(the same person, a different project.)

Previous Topic:Using Shapeways as production backend (e.g., without any interaction with end customer)
Next Topic:API Release 2013-05-16

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.