Home »  » Introductions » New to Shapeways
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New to Shapeways [message #68089] Wed, 15 May 2013 18:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar phr0stbyte  is currently offline phr0stbyte
Go to my shop
Hi, everyone! I have just uploaded my first product here at Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/model/1093946/birdcage-ring.html?li =productBox-search

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/9485/birdcage1.jpg

I am a long time veteran of selling models on Turbosquid and the 3dStudio and hope to be just as successful here. Seeing your stuff in the real world definitely adds a new twist on things!
Re: New to Shapeways [message #68090 is a reply to message #68089 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Nice render, are you going to order in Premium Silver?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: New to Shapeways [message #68091 is a reply to message #68090 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 18:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes! I ordered as soon as I uploaded Smile
Re: New to Shapeways [message #68092 is a reply to message #68089 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 18:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Awesome! Make sure to share pics of the final product. Well be shutting down Premium Silver for a little while, as this was a trial run of the material. We want as much feedback as possible about the material as possible.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: New to Shapeways [message #68094 is a reply to message #68092 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shutting Premium Silver down? Why? It's awesome! Are the polisher's hands getting tired, or are people not buying in that mat? Or, maybe the wax to plaster mold, to product pour is too many steps and not financially feasible? I will hate to see that go, as it is the main reason I joined. I wanted to do nice, high end stuff...
Re: New to Shapeways [message #68095 is a reply to message #68089 ] Wed, 15 May 2013 19:58 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
None of that at all. Standard practice with new materials. Do a trial run, assess the data. Did pricing work? Did the design rules work? Do people want to keep it (as you can see from that blog post, so far a resounding yes)? As long as I've been here only one material didn't come back after the trial run. That was our Black Elasto Plastic, and that was because the design rules required made the material no longer desirable.

michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hello! Friends
Next Topic:Imagineer 3d INTRO

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.