Home » Support » 3D Applications » [Rhino] export to STL
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
[Rhino] export to STL [message #507] Sat, 02 August 2008 15:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar svenpb  is currently offline svenpb
Go to all my models
Although the problems can be fixed, I wonder what they are. I get STL related errors at other sites as well.

I export with Rhino v2 and I can view the files in other programs without problem. Why aren't they usable by the printer by default?

An other question: is it possible to zoom in the 3D tool on this site?

[edit:]

from other thread:

So far, I've tried weld, but that does not make a difference as the STL is exactly the same

[Updated on: Sat, 02 August 2008 22:41 UTC]

Re: [Rhino] export to STL [message #513 is a reply to message #507 ] Sun, 03 August 2008 03:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sovereign  is currently offline Sovereign
Go to all my models
I only had a problem with Rhino to STL because the model was too big, as STL is interpreted in meters (which meant my model was tens of meters long). When you create a new model, choose "Millimeters" for your scale and then Scale 3D typing .01 at the prompt. Then export.
Re: [Rhino] export to STL [message #517 is a reply to message #513 ] Sun, 03 August 2008 09:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar svenpb  is currently offline svenpb
Go to all my models
Sovereign wrote on Sat, 02 August 2008 23:28

I only had a problem with Rhino to STL because the model was too big, as STL is interpreted in meters (which meant my model was tens of meters long). When you create a new model, choose "Millimeters" for your scale and then Scale 3D typing .01 at the prompt. Then export.

True. But There was a mail telling me that they've made it "printable". I wonder what they have done.

I think you mean 0.001
Re: [Rhino] export to STL [message #552 is a reply to message #507 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 04:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dymihail  is currently offline dymihail
Go to all my models
Done that, still doesn't work. I'm using Rhino v4 and so far Shapeways is the only bureau that has problems with the files.
Re: [Rhino] export to STL [message #680 is a reply to message #507 ] Wed, 06 August 2008 23:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dgennetten  is currently offline dgennetten
Go to all my models
I'm brand new to Shapeways. Long a fan of Rhino (since version 1) I am very curious to know how this turns out.

-Douglas

Previous Topic:Trouble exporting a 3d solid from AutoCAD 2007
Next Topic:Exporting with Blender

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.